Ready to enroll in Little Acorns Learning Center?
Our enrollment process is a few steps!
Little Acorns Learning Center offers a variety of tuition options. Our weekly full-time rate provides care Monday through Friday and is priced more reasonably than enrolling for single days of care. Families who enroll for 2 to 4 days will pay a higher daily rate.
Timely payments ensure services can be continually delivered therefore, billing statements are sent to families each Friday with the balance due in full on the upcoming Monday. Accounts that are not paid in full by the close of the business each Monday are subject to a daily late payment fee. In the event the account is not paid in full by the following Friday, you will be placed on our waiting list until paid in full. For tax purposes, our ID # is 81-2450785.
Child schedules are to be noted on the Parent Agreement. If a change in days or times is needed, please submit this request in writing to the director at least 1 week in advance. Due to staffing and room capacities, we may not be able to accommodate every change and families may be placed on a waitlist for additional days. Additional daily charges will be added accordingly for additional care. Children who arrive without being scheduled for the day may not receive service due to limited classroom space or staffing limitations. If space is available, the account will be billed at daily rate.
While we value family time and understand that situations may arise that a later drop off time may be desired, however we require that children be dropped off prior to 10:00 AM so that they can successfully participate in the routines of the day. Children who come in at a later time may not receive the full benefit of our program and will not be accepted. Our focus is to provide meaningful play based learning activities rather than providing a place for nap and lunch.
We are pleased to partner with the Early Learning Resource Center Region 1. The ELRC administers the Child Care Works subsidized child care program. To learn if your family qualifies for subsidized child care, please contact the ELRC of Erie County at:
Early Learning Resource Center, Region #1
3823 W. 12th St. Erie, PA 16505
The subsidy program determines the copay for each family dependent upon your income level and work schedule. This copay is required to be collected on a weekly basis regardless of attendance and closures. The ELRC will pay for up to 40 absences per fiscal year (July 1 to June 30). Families who exceed this allotment will be billed the private rate for any further missed days during the fiscal year.
Due to our service agreement with the ELRC, we are required to report any copays that are not paid in full by 5:00 PM Monday each week. We are also required to report any absences of 5 consecutive days.
- Registration fee – $40/child– this fee guarantees your placement in the center within two weeks.
- Late child pick-up – $1/minute past 6:00 PM. The center closes promptly at 6:00 PM. Parents picking up their children after 6:00PM will be charged this fee. This charge will occur regardless of the weather. Our staff are required to stay until all children are safely in their parent’s care. The late fee covers the additional payroll time for teachers to extend their hours. Little Acorns Learning Center reserves the right to deny enrollment to any family neglecting this closing time.
- Returned Check/Credit Card Fee– $25. When two or more checks/credit cards are returned to us for insufficient funds, you will be required to pay by cash or money order for future payments.
- Late payment fee – $5/day. Accounts that are not paid in full each Monday are subject to a daily late payment fee.
- Field Trips/Presentations – As part of our program, we invite special visitors to our program and take the children on walking trips in the community. Any additional fees associated with these trips will be passed on to the families.
Little Acorns Learning Center is open Monday through Friday from 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM. Teachers are not permitted to allow children to enter the building prior to 6:30 AM. Families who arrive after 6:00 PM to pick up their children will be assessed $1.00 for every minute past 6:00 PM. If a parent disregards this policy and/or does not pay the late child pick-up fees, services will be terminated.
Parents must pick up their children at the time agreed upon at enrollment. Staff schedules are based on the agreed upon schedules. If you are going to be late, you must call the center at (814) 315-1313 to notify us so that we can communicate this change to the teachers and reduce your child’s anxiety. Parents or designated adults are required to sign children into and out of care through our fingerprint scanner.
Little Acorns Learning Center will be closed on the holidays listed below. Parents are expected to make other arrangements for care.
- New Year’s Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving)
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
Little Acorns Learning Center utilizes Procare Software for signing in and out of the center as well as attendance tracking. A biometric ID pad catalogs the fingerprints of parents and others designated for children to be released to. A driver’s license is required for verification during the initial fingerprint registration. Once registered, parents are able to check their child(ren) in and out of the center, view their account balance and attendance by scanning their finger on the biometric ID pad. The Procare software will track what time your child was signed in and out of the center and who signed them in or out.
The Little Acorns Learning Center requires that parents provide at least two weeks notice that they will be terminating care and will be charged to your account if sufficient notice has not been given. At your request, we will transfer your child’s files to another educational setting. You will be offered a release to sign providing us with the setting’s name and address in which to send your child’s files.
There may be circumstances in which Little Acorns Learning Center will have to terminate services to a family. In most cases, a discussion between the director and parents will take place outlining the director’s concerns and possible solutions before care is terminated by Little Acorns Learning Center. However, the director reserve the right to immediately end care for failure to comply with the policies set forth in the handbook:
- Destructive or harmful behavior of child(ren) that persists even with parent cooperation in stopping the behavior.
- Failure to comply with the childcare agreement.
- Non-payment of childcare fees or late and/or recurring late payment fees.
- Failure to show up for five consecutive scheduled days without communication.
- Failure to complete required forms.
- Repeated failure to pick-up your child by 6:00 PM.
- Inability to meet child’s needs without additional staff (including following sick guidelines).
- Disrespect to Little Acorns Learning Center providers and employees.
The director has the right to terminate care without notice in the case of harm or a dangerous situation is posed to other children or employees.